Better Cybersafe Than Sorry
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month when organizations like the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCA) lead the effort to get individuals and businesses to be vigilant about their digital footprints.
This year, CISA is focusing on “the people” part of cybersecurity and how individuals can take simple steps to improve their personal or professional cybersecurity. The organization says everyone should:
- Enable multifactor authentication
- Use strong passwords
- Learn to recognize and report phishing
- Update their software
These are all great suggestions especially since the 2022 Verizon Data Breach Report shows that 85% of data breaches are the result of human errors.
While nothing can guarantee a business won’t fall prey to cybercrime, there are steps they can take to lessen their risk. Paladin Data Corporation’s Managed Services offer an array of products that can help protect an individual or business from cyberthreats.
- DataWise™ protects a store’s point-of-sale data by backing up the master Paladin database to our cloud every hour. That means all of a store’s sales, inventory, tax and customer information is safe and validated should disaster strike.
- SystemWise™ automatically backs up all files and folders on work and home computers to a cloud-based storage each day.
- Managed Security™ keeps computers safe from viruses, ransomware and more. Paladin manages computer security so stores don’t have to.
- Managed Updates™ improves computer performance, reliability and security by monitoring, testing and installing updates to Windows® and other programs.
- Swifter™ improves operating speed by optimizing a store’s Paladin database. It cleans out old, unnecessary data to keep computers running smoothly.
Learn more about how Paladin’s Managed Services can make your business network safer and more secure.