Hometown Hardware Wins Beacon Award
Hometown Hardware, in Senoia, Georgia, was one of four stores honored as Beacon Award winners at The Hardware Conference in Marco Island, Florida. Owned and operated by Phil and Deanna Cheeves, Hometown Hardware has been a Paladin client since it opened in 2018.
The Beacon Awards and The Hardware Conference are organized by the Hardware Connection.
The Cheeves’ store was honored as Best New Store under 20,000 square feet. Other stores honored were: Vassar Building Center, Vassar, Michigan (Best New Store, Over 20,000 sf), LaValley Building Supply, Newport, New Hampshire (Retail Beacon Award), and Ivey’s Building Materials, Houghton, Louisiana (Retail Beacon Award).
Read more about the award on Page 46 of the September/October edition of Hardware Connection.
Clinton Hardware selected as a 2022 Stihl All-Star
David Billman’s Do it Best Clinton Hardware has been highlighted by HBS Dealer as a 2022 Stihl All-Star.
Clinton Hardware, in Clinton, Maryland, opened as an independent store just after the end of World War II. David’s family bought the business in 1963 and has operated it ever since. 2021 marked 75 years in business for Clinton Hardware.
Read more about Clinton Hardware.
Hemlock Hardware owner selected to Do it Best Board
Scott Pesavento, owner of Hemlock Hardware, was announced as part of the 2023 Do it Best board of directors at its recent Shareholders’ Meeting. Scott and Hemlock Hardware have been part of the Paladin family since 2016.
Rust’s Hardware Recognized for Community Support
Rust’s Hardware Hank in Turtle Lake, North Dakota, was featured for its community support in the September edition of Hardware Retailing. JoLene and Ryan Rust have owned the store for 23 years and have been part of the Paladin family for the past nine.
Kraftco Hardware Pooch Highlighted
Gracie at Kraftco Hardware in Little Rock, Arkansas was featured in Hardware Connection’s “An Inside Look – Store Pets.” Kraftco has been a Paladin client since August 2021. William and Dick Bona run the business. See Gracie on Page 67 of the Hardware Connection.
- Nick’s True Value in Osage Beach, Missouri, celebrated its grand opening on August 11. The store went live with Paladin in June. Owner Tony Marble also owns Edina Farm & Home Supply in Edina, Missouri which has been with Paladin since 2016.
- Lewter Hardware has announced plans to close on October 8, according to HBS Dealer. Lewter Hardware, a Paladin store since 2008, has served the residents of Huntsville, Alabama since the family opened it in 1928.
- How Ace will spend its money on the supply chain
- Emery Jensen Names Brad Bailey as Senior Vice President of Sales
- Do it Best Draws Strong Attendance with Solutions-Focused Fall Market
- True Value Puts Spotlight on New Products at Fall Reunion
- Blish-Mize Fall Market Highlights Deals, Future Plans
Home Improvement Retailer
- Shift in Traditional Buying Habits Result in Record High Inventories
- Focus on These 3 Things that Really Matter to Customers
- Holiday Sales Growth Expected to Slow This Season: Report
- Halloween Spending to Surpass 2021 Levels: NRF
Retail Customer Experience
Drug Store News