Industry News – May 2022
Here are some recent notices and news stories from the retail industry.
Jade Haynie Selected as NHPA Young Retailer of 2022
Jade Haynie, of Northwest Hardware LLC, was one of the honorees in this year’s North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA) Young Retailer of the Year. Northwest Hardware LLC has been a Paladin client since 2015. Jade is the general manager of Northwest Hardware.
He was one of eight young entrepreneurs under the age of 35 to be honored by the NHPA this year. The others are:
- Kyle Adair, co-owner, Maycrest Hardware in Savannah, Georgia
- Cory Rhynehart, minority owner, Milton Hardware and Building Supply, Milton, New York
- Nicole Anderson, marketing manager, Wilco Co-op, Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Brandon Donahue, owner, Westerly Paints, Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Adam Moulton, dealer/owner, Allandale, Ingersoll & Woodstock Home Hardware Building Centres, Ontario, Canada
- Coreen Pierce, branch administration manager, Koopman Lumber Co., Massachusetts
- Brandon Wright, owner, Stan’s Merry Mart, Washington
The honorees were recognized at the NHPA All-Industry Conference in Las Vegas.
Jade, who started with the company as a part-time delivery driver, says he was humbled to be recognized as a Young Retailer of the Year.
“It was great to meet my fellow honorees and hear how each of us is making a difference in the industry,” Jared says. “I also enjoyed getting to reconnect with other retailers I’ve developed relationships with through NHPA.”
Jade isn’t the first from Northwest Hardware to be recognized by the NHPA. TJ Comstock, owner of Northwest Hardware, which is comprised of a handful of stores spread across Montana, was honored as one of the Young Retailers of the Year in 2010. He later served as chairman of the board of NHPA.
NHPA will recognize the honorees in the July issue of Hardware Retailing.
- Wallace Hardware Celebrates 100 Years, Return to In-Person Markets
- Do it Best Announces Director of Merchandising Strategy and Execution
- Ace Hardware gives cash back on Apple Card
- Do it Best Announces Changes to Spring Market, 2023 in Orlando
- Improving Health Care and Medication Access for Minority Populations
- Thriving in a Digital World: Marketing Strategies for Independent Pharmacies
- Workforce Challenges for Health System Pharmacy
- COVID-19 Vaccine: FDA Approval Did Not Increase Public Vaccine Acceptance
- Transform With American Associated Pharmacies at the 2022 Annual Conference