Morris Hardware’s Tom Schanken is Golden
by Brian Bullock | September 27, 2023
Tom Schanken is the sixth-generation owner of Morris Hardware in McConnelsville, Ohio. He was recently honored by Estwing with a Golden Hammer, signifying 50 years of service in the hardware industry.
Morris Hardware opened in 1845 and is the oldest store in Ohio still owned by the founding family. The business went live with Paladin earlier this year.
Tom was featured along with Gene Kelly, of Kelly’s Ace Hardware in Chelan, Washington, also a Paladin client, and Dave Nordal, of Regina Home Building Centre in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in the September edition of Hardware Retailing. View post on page 59
David Billman’s family has owned Clinton Hardware in Clinton, Maryland since 1963 and the business was founded in 1946. David makes sure his store celebrates its history with a little bit of nostalgia and a lot of fun.
His store’s efforts earned the recognition of HBS Dealer, which recently featured Clinton Hardware. David is pictured, left, having fun, as usual, celebrating the Washington Capitals’ 2018 Stanley Cup victory with his own version of Lord Stanley’s cup.
David has been part of the Paladin family since 2017.
- Ace Hardware Fall 2023 Convention delivers promises for future
- True Value celebrates 75 years, makes pledge to retailers during 2023 Fall Reunion
- Blish-Mize introduces new app at Fall Buying Market
- E-Commerce solutions, new products are highlights of Do it Best Fall Market
- Lumber associations merge
- Ace tackles loss prevention
- Ace has a bold plan for garden growth
- For Do it Best: Products and know-how
- True Value Reunion convenes in Houston
- Aubuchon joins Ace Hardware cooperative
- Northwestern Lumber Association to rebrand as BLD Connection
- Do it Best reports $4.8 billion in sales for 2023 fiscal year
- Do it Best shares proven solutions to drive member growth
- Do it Best adjusts game plan to reach goals
Home Improvement Retailer
National Retail Federation
Retail Customer Experience