Whetstone Home Center’s Strokes of Genius
Mike and Amy Locke made a brilliant business decision when they bought Whetstone Home Center in Milbank, South Dakota in 2016. They enlarged their hardware and paint departments to the business which was mainly a lumberyard in the northeastern part of the state. Since then they have become prolific Valspar paint dealers.
Whetstone, a Hardware Hank store supplied by United Hardware, has won the Valspar Paint Race, a competition for the highest amount of annual paint sales, two years in a row. An amazing accomplishment for such a rural store. Milbank is a town of under 4,000 hardy souls in eastern South Dakota. However, Whetstone serves residents in a roughly 60-mile radius.
Another wise decision was choosing Paladin as their store’s point-of-sale provider not long after buying the business. Read more
Paladin CEO Featured in Orgill Tech Panel
Paladin CEO Mike Williamson was one of three industry experts included in the POS Technology panel at Orgill’s Spring Dealer Market in New Orleans earlier this month.
Orgill’s Grant Morrow moderated the panel which included Mike, Epicor’s Tim Gallo, and ECI’s John Maiuri. They discussed the present and future of POS technology in the hardware industry. The panel discussion can be viewed in the Training Video Library.
- True Value Announces 75th Anniversary Plans
- Do it Best Drives Continuous Improvement with New Director
- Do it Best LBM Academy Builds Excellence for Lumber Dealers
- Blish-Mize Spring Buying Market Features Deals and Customer-Requested Additions
- Ace 2023 Spring Convention Builds Hope for Future
Home Improvement Retailer
- True Value Unveils Manufacturing Facility Automation
- Do it Best Unveils E-commerce Strategy and New Platform at Spring Market
- Do it Best announces Spring Open Buying Day
Retail Touch Points
Retail Customer Experience