Industry News – January 2023
Happy Holidays from Paladin Clients
Stores across the country dress up for the holidays but two Paladin clients were highlighted for their Christmas spirit in Hardware Connection’s December An Inside Look.
A’s Home Center in Manasquan, New Jersey has been with Paladin since 2008. Dave and Chelsea Horton’s store is a staple of Manasquan, a borough of roughly 6,000 on the Jersey shore. Check out the store’s Facebook page for more photos of its extensive Christmas displays.
Buck Electric Ace Hardware in Ocean Shores, Washington has been with Paladin since 2009. Steve Buck opened Buck Electric in 1977 and incorporated Ace Hardware in 1986. He ran his business for 43 years until turning it over to his sons Stephen and Joe in 2021. Read more about Buck Electric Ace Hardware
DaCorta Hardware in East Elmhurst, New York was featured in Hardware Retailing’s NHPA on the Road in December. Dacorta Hardware has been a staple of Flushing since Albino DaCorta established the business in 1946. Paladin has provided the technology to the DaCorta’s store since 2018.
Paladin Client among HBS Dealer Top Women
Liz Haun-Pharas was among the women recognized in HBS Dealer’s Top Women in Hardware and Building Supply edition. Liz owns Nyssa Mercantile in Nyssa, Oregon and Paladin has been her technology provider since she opened in 2019. Read more about Liz and her store
Here are some recent notices and stories from the retail industry news.
National Retail Federation
- Record 196.7 Million Consumers Shop Over Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend
- NRF Announces Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison as The Visionary 2023
- Ace Hardware Reports Record Online Sales Over Thanksgiving Weekend
- House-Hasson Returning to In-person Market in January
- Orgill Announces Additions, Changes to Leadership Team
- NAICS 444 Sales Trail Other Sectors
- Ace, NRF Report Big Holiday Sales
- Toys Seen as Hardware Store Opportunity
Home Improvement Retailer
- Increase Bottom Line Profits by Cross-selling and Upselling
- Shoppers Want In-Store Experience to Compare to Buying Online
- Report: Seasonal hires in November hit lowest level since 2008
- How Small Businesses are Navigating the Holiday Season
Small Business Trends