Liz Haun-Pharas of Nyssa Mercantile Among Industry’s Top Women
Liz Haun-Pharas, owner of Nyssa Mercantile, is among HBS Dealer’s 2022 Top Women of Hardware and Building Supply announced in August. The magazine will formally recognize the women at an event in Chicago Nov. 8-9.
The women are selected in two categories: Business Excellence and Rising Stars. Liz was among the women honored for Business Excellence.
Liz earned the honor after just three years in business, although she is far from a newcomer to the industry. She grew up in the business. Her grandfather owned a hardware store. Her uncle owns one, and her parents, Steve and Robin, ran one from 2001 to 2008 in the same building where Nyssa Mercantile now resides.
Between working in her parents’ store and opening her own, Liz taught school for eight years and operated a dance studio for seven years in the same building that became her hardware store.
Liz and her store have been part of the Paladin family since the start. In just a few years, Nyssa Mercantile has become a staple of the community. Liz deflects credit of her honor to her team and her home town.
“It took the community to make this happen, it wasn’t just me. A lot of people were behind it and helped me get to where I am. This has been very exciting for me,” Liz told the Argus Observer. “I just got lucky that I live in such a great place.”
How-To Building Center honored as Iowa’s Stihl All-Star
How-To Building Center, which joined the Paladin family in July, was recognized in HBS Dealer as a 2022 Stihl All-Star.
How-To Building Center is a staple of Sioux Center, a small farming community in northwest Iowa. The store is part of the Farmers Cooperative Society (FCS), a growers co-op formed in 1907. The store is associated with Do it Best and offers its rural patrons big-box convenience and “home-town friendliness.”
How-To Building Center and FCS also give back to its community by working with the City of Sioux Center to provide affordable housing. Building materials from How-To are being used to build the homes. Learn more
- Five Ways Ace will Challenge the Future
- Slicing the Data for NAICS 444
- EYE on RETAIL: NRF says Industry can ‘keep recession at bay’
- Ace Hammers Out Record Q2 Sales
- Blish-Mize Co. and Mize Family Honored for Community Support
- Industry Expert Gary Petz on Store Planning and Layout
- Ace Hardware has Opened More Than 100 New Stores This Year
- Orgill Sees Supply Chain and Pricing Stability Ahead
- US Online Retail Sales to Reach $1.6 Trillion by 2027: Report
- E-commerce Prices Decline for the First Time in Over Two Years: Adobe
- Ace Hardware to Open 60 Stores by the End of the Year
Drug Store News
- California: New License Expands Scope for Pharmacists
- How to Beat Amazon at its Own Game
- Retail Sales Grow in July Amid Inflation
- State of Play: Profiling State Efforts to Expand Pharmacist Scope of Practice