Young’s General Store Hits the Headlines
Young’s General Store and Ace Hardware, which joined the Paladin family in October 2023, was prominently featured in the December Hardware Retailing. John Young’s company expanded to Catskill, New York in 2011.
The story features Brian Young, who fittingly handles marketing and employee engagement for the store, which has locations in Prattsville and Catskill. Brian, who also works as a small business consultant, outlines some of the special events his stores use to bring in customers during the winter months. As you can tell from the stores’ Facebook page, in addition to hardware the Youngs are extremely devoted to pets and pet products.
H&H Hometown Hardware Celebrates on Small Business Saturday
H&H Hometown Hardware in Shoals, Indiana picked the perfect day to host its grand opening celebration – Small Business Saturday. The store’s celebration was featured in Hardware Connection, HBS Dealer and LBM Journal.
The Do it Best affiliated store is owned by Grant Sherfick, whose family is steeped in Martin County tradition. In fact, the H&H Grant named his store after his grandfathers, Harold Fuhrman and Howard Sherfick, both of whom were Martin County natives. Grant chose Paladin as his technology provider in November.
- Half of U.S. Consumers Left Most of Their Shopping for December: Report
- More Holiday Shoppers to Buy with Small Businesses: Survey | Retail Dive
- Cyber Monday Shoppers Spent $12.4B Online: Adobe
- Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend Sees ‘Record Number’ of Shoppers: NRF
National Retail Federation
- Holiday Spending Up 3% Over Last Year
- Merchants Payment Coalition Calls for Vote on Credit Card Competition Act
- Black Friday 2023 Sales See 2.5% Increase
- Consumer Confidence rises in December
- Orgill Polishes a ‘Must-Win’ Category
- NAICS 444 sales slide in November
- Craftsman Survey: Home Improvement Popularity
- Ace Makes Holiday Music Again
Retail Customer Experience