Industry News – February 2023
Here are some recent notices and stories from the retail industry news.
Paladin Clients Highlighted in Hardware Connection
Clinton Do it Best Hardware, Redding’s Hardware & Goods, and Saffron Supply Company were all recently highlighted in the January/February edition of Hardware Connection.
David Billman, whose Clinton Do it Best Hardware recently celebrated 75 years in business in Clinton, Maryland, was one of several store owners asked how its business was in 2022.
David has been a vocal advocate of Paladin since joining the family in 2017. His feature is on pages 20-21. Read more
Jared and Sarah Redding’s store in Tombstone, Arizona joined the Paladin family in March 2022. Their story is on pages 23-24. Read more
Saffron Supply Co. has been serving the people of Salem, Oregon since 1910. The latest owner of the venerable business joined Paladin in February 2022. Saffron Supply is featured on page 24. Read more
David and Sarah were also featured in Hardware Connection’s story: “How Retailers are Coping with Rising Wages and Inflation. Read more on page 31
Also highlighted: Reardon Briggs Hardware was featured for its window decorations in Hardware Connection’s “Inside Look: Window Displays.” Michael Flanigan’s store in Millbrook, New York has been with Paladin since 2008. View the feature on page 57
- Ace ranked as one of the top 10 franchises in the world for 2023
- Do it Best Drives Sales with Record New Member Growth
- Product Discovery Focus of House-Hasson 2023 Winter Market
- Ace Hardware reports holiday sales surge
- Do it Best reports strong sales and record new member growth
Home Improvement Retailer
Retail Customer Experience
Retail Touch Points
- Deloitte: Retailers should prepare for ‘Holiday Hangover’ in 2023
- Holiday 2022 Recap: Promotions, BOPIS Drove Late-Season Engagement as Overall Growth Slowed
Small Business Trends